KILR AM & KILR FM
EEO Public File Report
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report is to comply with the FCC's EEO rule. This report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit that is comprised of the following stations:
KILR AM, Estherville, Iowa and KILR FM, Estherville, Iowa and is required to be placed in the public inspection files of these stations.
The information contained in the report covers the time beginning October 1, 2020 to and including September 30th, 2021.
The FCC's EEO Rule requires that this report contain the following information:
1. A list of all full-time vacancies by the stations during the applicable period;
2. Recruitment sources utilized to fill the vacancy
3. The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each fulltime vacancy during the applicable period
4. Total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the applicable period and total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
5. A list and brief description of initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 73.2080 of the FCC Rules.
For puposes of this report, a vacancy was deemed "filled" not when the offer was extended but
when the hiree accepted the job offer. A person was deemed "interviewed" whether he or she
was interviewed in person, over the telephone or by email.
Public File report form covering the period from October 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021. Stations
comprising the station employment unit: KILR AM & KILR FM.
Section 1: Vacancy Information
We had no (0) full time openings.
We had no (0) part time openings.
*KILR AM & FM - Estherville, Iowa
PO Box 453 - Estherville, Iowa
*Local Access TV channel - Estherville Chamber of Commerce
620 1st Avenue South
Estherville, Iowa 51334
*We had (0) full time hires. We had 1 applicant.
*We had (0) hires. We interviewed no candidates.
Supplemental Employment Initiatives
1. A training program designed to enable station personnel to acquire skills that could qualify
them for higher level positions
a. Wizard of Ads - Roy Williams
b. Marketing Firepower - Jeff Dostal
c. IBA - Training June 2020
2. Serve on the advisory board at Iowa Lakes Community College of Estherville, Emmetsburg,
Spencer, Spirit Lake and Algona, Iowa.
3. Serve as chairman for Estherville Area Growth Partnership