KILR AM & KILR FM
EEO Public File Report
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report is to comply with the FCC’s EEO rule. This report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit that is comprised of the following stations: KILR AM, Estherville, Iowa and KILR FM, Estherville, Iowa and is required to be placed in the public inspection files of these stations.
The information contained in the report covers the time beginning October 1, 2014 to and including September 30th, 2015.
The FCC’s EEO Rule requires that this report contain the following information:
1. A list of all full-time vacancies by the stations during the applicable period.
2. Recruitment scources utilized to fill the vacancy.
3. The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-tim vacancy during
the applicable period.
4. Total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the applicable
period and total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source
utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
5. A list and brief description of initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section
73.2080 of the FCC rules.
For purposes of this report, a vacancy was deemed "filled" not when the offer
was extended but when the hiree accpeted the job offer. A person was deemed
"interviewed" whether he or she was interviewed in person, over the telephone
or by e-mail.
To the annual EEO Public File report form covering the period from October 1, 2014
to September 30th, 2015 Stations comprising the station employment unit: KILR AM
& KILR FM.
Section 1: Vacancy Information
We had no (0) full time opening.
We had no part time openings.
o KILR AM & FM - Estherville, Iowa
P.O. Box 453
Estherville, Iowa 51334
o Local Access TV channel - Estherville Chamber of Commerce
620 1st Avenue South
Estherville, Iowa 51334
o Brown College - Career Services
Mendota Heights, MN
We had 0 full time hire.
We had over 2 applicants. We corresponded with most by e-mail.
Interviewed at least 0 in person or by phone.
We had no (0) hires. We interviewed no candidates.
Section 5: Supplemental Employment Initiatives
1. A training program designed to enable station personnel to acquire
skills that could qualify them for higher level postitions:
a. Wizards of Ads - Roy Williams
b. Marketing Firepower - Jeff Dostal
c. IBA - Training June 2015
2. Serve on the advisory board at Iowa Lakes Community College of
Estherville, Emmetsburg, Spencer, Spirit Lake and Algona, Iowa.
3. Serve on the advisory board at Brown College in Mendota Heights, MN.